Rules

1. No spoilers - you can only comment after the show has aired on ABC at 9pm ET.
2. Don't link to other websites/other peoples' theories - try to just post whatever's on your mind.
3. Friendly bashing of each other's comments and thoughts are perfectly acceptable, but don't post anything rude or stupid.
4. Other rules may come into play as I see fit.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Desmond Episode

"Not Penny's Boat"

That was an awesome episode.
Full of reminiscent characters (Elioise Hawking, Daniel Faraday, Penny Widmore, Charlie - is the driver supposed to be somebody?), questions being answered in the LOST style (with more questions being posed), great dialogue, memorable scenes, great storytelling...this is what LOST is all about.

For all those out there who don't care for the parallel world, what do you think now?
It seems pretty obvious now that Desmond's time-traveling capabilities are going to tie the two worlds together. What makes him so special? I don't really care. I just think his character is really cool.

The love at first sight concept is also so enticing: Charlie and Claire, Desmond and Penny, Daniel and Charlotte - I really like how LOST is explaining how love at first sight can actually exist.

Wouldn't you be freaked out if you were a musician and you woke up able to write down complex physics formulas? "I don't want to set off a nuclear bomb...I think I already did!"...awesome!

Think back to when Juliette said, "It worked" just before she died in Sawyer's arms...how did she know? What did she mean? There's something about being on the brink of death that allows you to see both worlds!!!

Only 5 more episodes until the series finale!!!...Any additional thoughts?

6 comments:

Heather Li said...

It was totally the Desmond episode!!

And it was crazy good!! Especially considering I'm not a big Desmond fan.

Desmond is somehow the key... I just don't know why, or what for.

Michelle said...

So ou't of the entire episode I couldnt help but notice that Mr. Widmore said "Schedule" like "Shhedule" not that it bothered me or anything just wanted to point that out. Also, that when Penny was jogging up the stands at the stadium made me laugh out loud.

Heather Li said...

Who's Penny's mom? Does that matter at all?

Bryan said...

Good question. I really wonder who Penny's mom must be if she's Daniel's half-sister. Daniel's mom is the same women from that church with the giant pendulum, right?

And also, remember how Desmond's consciousness time travels? That must mean the "alternate" reality and the island one must be one in the same time line....

lithium said...

"Shhedule" - hah, i noticed that as well.

"Brutha" - as I said, Desmond is such a cool character

do you really think Penny's mom matters? you guys are silly

now a time-traveling consciousness - that's a good point!

Heather Li said...

I don't think the alternate reality and the island are on the same time-line. I just think the time-line has split into two and now Desmond will somehow bring the two together.

I had this idea before too, that the two realities would come together, I just didn't know how. And I definitely do not think Jack will face Alt-Jack; I like that the idea is the consciousness can move between Desmond and Alt-Desmond, instead of being two completely different people... like in Spider-Man, the TV series.

I don't really care that Juliette said, "It worked." I think it became pretty obvious in the season premiere that "it" worked, i.e. the alt reality.

And I think the love-at-first-sight concept is such a lame one. I think I missed the part when Lost became sooo sappy and romantic. If the whole show ends in some lame theory about how love/good always triumphs, I will have seriously wasted a lot of time and energy on this show.