Rules

1. No spoilers - you can only comment after the show has aired on ABC at 9pm ET.
2. Don't link to other websites/other peoples' theories - try to just post whatever's on your mind.
3. Friendly bashing of each other's comments and thoughts are perfectly acceptable, but don't post anything rude or stupid.
4. Other rules may come into play as I see fit.

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

The Jin/Sun Episode

Bor-ing!!!

People always say they think Kate is boring, but really what have Jin/Sun contributed to the show? I can't really think of anything.

Will write more when I get a chance.

6 more episodes until the series finale...your thoughts?

5 comments:

lithium said...

All true Mike-Mike (except maybe Sun being hot).

Georges and I predicted that it was Desmond in the locked room - but seriously, what is up with that?

A lot of people say that they can do without the parallel world story and are just interested in solving mysteries on the island...i've been okay putting up with it...until yesterday. With only 6 more episodes to go, this really is getting dragged out - and not in a good way.

Michelle said...

Does anyone know if Sun can speak English in the sideways flash? I feel like she was pretending not to know and I thought, how long are you going to hold it off for?!!? SPEAK ENGLISH ALREADY! But now I think she can't at all...
And now, Sun can't speak English (temporarily I guess) on the island as well so the parallel time and island time are INTERCONNECTED!!! ya!!

The Sayid swimming up to the submarine was really cool, I wonder what he is going to do now that he is there. So cool.

It's safe to say that I am easily amused.

P.S. Jin sucks at hiding.

Heather Li said...

I agree everything with Mike too (including Sun is hot).

This is definitely one of the weaker episodes where it was 1. boring and 2. super unnecessarily confusing.

They need a Widmore backstory and possibly sideways-flash because at the beginning he was after Ben and his crew (who are seemingly on Jacob's side), now he's after Smokey (the opposing crew). So what is Widmore supposed to be/represent?

I like Jin and Sun, but Taich is right -- they've contributed so little to Lost as a story.

I am right about how Smokey wants all the candidates together to probably kill them before he's able to get off the island. Everyone is soo naive on the show. At least Sun has a singular purpose and isn't putting up with everyone else's BS.

Oh, and I highly dislike the Tina Fey-look-a-like character. She needs to be killed quick-time.

Heather Li said...

Oh yeah, @Michelle - I'm not sure if Sun can speak English in the sideways-flash. I thought the same as you, that she was just pretending but not so sure anymore since her and Jin aren't even married. She may have still tried to learn English if her plan was to runaway with him, but maybe it wasn't as urgent as in her original backstory where she had to run away FROM Jin.

Michelle said...

I think the reason why smokey doesn't just become smokey and kill the candidates on the spot is maybe because he can't and so he needs to get them to kill each other...so maybe he's keeping Kate around for that...or Clair...or Sayid...