Rules

1. No spoilers - you can only comment after the show has aired on ABC at 9pm ET.
2. Don't link to other websites/other peoples' theories - try to just post whatever's on your mind.
3. Friendly bashing of each other's comments and thoughts are perfectly acceptable, but don't post anything rude or stupid.
4. Other rules may come into play as I see fit.

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Hurley Episode

I love Hurley episodes. Hurley is such a nice character.

Questions and Answers: What are the whispers? They are people who did wrong on the island and are trapped there trying to communicate with the living. (is that right?)

Do both worlds exist? Yes, Desmond is the only one who is conscious that both worlds exist and now he's doing stuff to make others remember and also to make things in the parallel world right so that they properly affect the island world???

Of course the smoke monster was going to push Desmond down the well!!! But why doesn't he just kill him the way he kills other people? How does he decide/what prevents him from killing some people and keeping others alive?

Who's the kid in the jungle?

I love that Hurley has tons of cash and that he can just throw it around to get his own way.

Ilana just blew up - that was sudden.

It's a little bit too convenient that Jack, Hurley and Sun just decided that they all needed to go and see Locke when he was waiting around for them to come join him.

Personally, I'm still thrilled with the show. I'm just wondering with the very few episodes left if they're going to answer all the questions - but then again, i'm not really looking for answers, I've just been and continue to be enthralled with the storytelling.

So, are there any questions that you think they will not answer? Remind me.

Only 4 episodes until the series finale...your thoughts?

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I'd like to be the first to say that they FINALLY answered ONE question straight, which was the whispering. Gosh, glad I got that off my chest...

Now why did Locke try to kill Desmond by throwing him down a well? Why did Desmond kill Locke...OH wait...I just answered my own question! Sweet.

Love Hugo and Libby! So cute!

Why did Locke and Jack exchange dirty looks at the end. I think I forgot something. Anyway, good episode, it's always good when Hurley's there!

Michelle said...

by the way, the Desmond killing Locke and Locke killing Desmond thing is probably not true. Desmond is obviously on a mission to get people (the oceanic 6) to remember something. Perhaps a near death experience was a bit much.

Heather Li said...

This was a pretty good episode because it's starting to answer questions and bring things together, especially considering there's only four new episodes left, including the series finale. I was beginning to think they were going to psych us out, and say, "Not! Another season of Lost!"

I just want to say, I'm so glad they killed Ilana. She's annoyed me from the get-go and when I saw her with the dynamite, I knew instantly she was done for.

I think it's a bit odd that the secondary characters (Daniel Faraday, Libby, even Charlie to some extent) are all the first ones to start realizing they're living another life, without quite understanding why. Because after all, Alt-Kate and Alt-Jack had a moment on the plane, and again Alt-Kate with Alt-Sawyer, yet no blurry, magical wave of memories came over them.

Okay, are they ever gonna explain why Jack's dad semi-rose-from-the-dead and became friends with Jacob and Claire? Because that still really bothers me.

Oh! And who do we think the little boy is following Smokey/Locke? I think it may be Smokey/Locke's alt person. Also think it could be a little Jacob but I can't remember the other episode or two where the kid appeared. Just know we've seen him before, and Smokey/Locke does the same thing -- ignore the hell out of him in anger.

Heather Li said...

Re: Whispers - Okay, I don't understand why Christian and Richard's wife were on the island though. Maybe they aren't necessarily part of the whispers but what did they do to entitle them to float over to the mystery island in their afterlife? There's a question that bugs me. How come people who've never been to the island wind up on it anyway in their afterlife?

Re: Smokey trying to kill Desmond - Why didn't Smokey just stab Desmond with his knife? Don't evil dudes know if there isn't a dead body in front of you, he probably isn't dead? (Except if you're Sayid.)

I also thought it was a bit too convenient Jack, Hurley and Sun all decided to be together and walk to Locke's camp ESPECIALLY since Sun ran away from Smokey-Locke in that other episode. But I also knew it was going to conveniently happen because Kate said she didn't see that happening. Duhhhh...