Rules

1. No spoilers - you can only comment after the show has aired on ABC at 9pm ET.
2. Don't link to other websites/other peoples' theories - try to just post whatever's on your mind.
3. Friendly bashing of each other's comments and thoughts are perfectly acceptable, but don't post anything rude or stupid.
4. Other rules may come into play as I see fit.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

What was the theme of this episode?

There was a lot going on in this episode.

Georges liked it. I think I liked it too...let's see:

Good stuff:
Desmond talking Sayid out of killing him
Sawyer's plan to ditch Locke
Why has Widmore's team turned on Sawyer?

Questionable:
Why would Sun and Jin speak to each other in English when seeing each other for the first time?
Creepy Desmond in the parallel world stalking Claire
Kate convincing Claire to join them

Not sure how I feel about this:
Jack jumping off the boat (same as Sawyer jumped out of the helicopter) - it had to happen, but it still seems like lazy storywriting.

My keyboard is sticky, so typing is annoying, otherwise, I would say more...after this analysis, I'd say it was not one of my faves, but keep'em coming.

3 more episodes till the series finale...your thoughts?

7 comments:

Heather Li said...

Good episode because it put people in the places they will need to be a lot quicker.

Why is stupid Jack being stupid? Although, him saying Smokey wanting them off the island possibly means they should be there was the first best piece of logic I heard from him in a long time.

Oh, my question about Christian Sheppard was answered. Sweet. (Still don't know how Richard's wife ended up on the island though... Was she Smokey too? Probably not since the ghost later told Richard via Hurley he has to defeat Smokey.)

Okay, here's the weird thing about questions being straight-up answered -- e.g. the whispers and now Christian Sheppard. Seemingly burning questions have rather mundane answers...

The scene between Desmond and Sayid was awesome! Some brilliant acting by Desmond, I must say.

Heather Li said...

One other thing, is it really only 3 more episodes?

I heard the finale is airing on May 25 but there's still 5 more Tuesdays to then, so I guess we're gonna sit through some re-runs or there will be some Lost behind-the-scenes specials to fill the gaps.

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

When smokey admitted that he was Christian, I immediately thought of that time when Ben fell in this tomb thing in the temple's walls and smokey came out as Alex (Ben's dead daughter)and ordered Ben to listen to everything that Locke says...which turned out to be SmokeyLocke. hah! Sneak sneaky.

Heather Li said...

Wow! Excellent memory, Mich. I barely remember that.

lithium said...

That is an excellent memory...but why was Locke so surprised when Ben actually agreed to kill Jacob, even though he just appeared to him as his daughter and manipulated him into doing whatever he wants.

I still can't agree that Smokey is a good guy - good guys are never ruthless killers by Hollywood standards (and in real life, I guess).

Heather Li said...

I don't see Smokey as a good guy anymore either. I'm definitely in the camp of Smokey being evil, and Jacob being "good" but really kind of a jackass still.