Rules

1. No spoilers - you can only comment after the show has aired on ABC at 9pm ET.
2. Don't link to other websites/other peoples' theories - try to just post whatever's on your mind.
3. Friendly bashing of each other's comments and thoughts are perfectly acceptable, but don't post anything rude or stupid.
4. Other rules may come into play as I see fit.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Richard Episode

I can't help but continue to wonder if Jacob is actually the bad guy and the man-in-black is actually some kind of good guy. Even as I write that, it seems absurd.

The explanation for how the Black Rock got in the middle of the island is weak, but at least we don't have to wonder about that anymore.

I think the episode was good - a lot happened, but at the same time a ton of it got dragged out with Richard being chained up in the boat.

I'm wondering about the white rock that Richard gave the man-in-black from Jacob - does that mean the cave that he brought Sawyer to is Jacob's cave or the man-in-black's cave? Did the balance in the cave have black rocks and white rocks?

Also, how is it that Jacob can grant Richard eternal life?

7 more episodes until the series finale...your thoughts?

5 comments:

lithium said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lithium said...

test

Heather Li said...

Just finished watching it online.

This episode was SO GOOD. It was the one I had been waiting for -- Richard's back story, and now we know! It's a lot more sappy than I expected but it was cool we got to see "good" and "evil" interacting.

It's funny that you say Jacob is the good guy and Black Smoke is the bad guy. Because I haven't assumed that, although by the looks of it, it would appear that way. I still think it could go either way -- i.e. Black Smoke is good, Jacob is bad.

I think the cave belongs to Jacob because I would assume all the candidates names were written by him; not the Black Smoke. Though it could be Black Smoke because maybe he's trying to do exactly what he says -- kill everyone who is a candidate who could hold him back. And he's crossing off all the names as he goes. But then, why wouldn't he kill Sawyer since Sawyer is a candidate? He probably needs him to get everyone else so maybe he can kill everyone at the same time and then leave the island... Who knows.

I agree about how the boat getting into the middle of the island AND smashing up the statue is a weak explanation. That definitely looked like it was pulled out of thin air.

I want to see some more parallel reality stuff. Hurley's parallel reality has got to be next. We haven't gotten to him yet and apparently, in the parallel reality, he's the luckiest man ever now instead of having a curse all the time.

Also, what about the stupid numbers? We haven't seen anything about that in awhile and I want an explanation for them too.

Michelle said...

Did anyone else notice that smoke dude said the exact same words to Richard as Dogen (the Japanese guy) said to Sayid? Why is it that once either one of them speaks (Jacob or smoke dude), its too late to kill them?
Must be some kind of influence. But actually, Sayid stabbed Locke before Locke said anything so it doesn't work anyway.

I want to say Jacob is the good guy but still not sure. The smoke dude on the other hand just wants to get off the island. If Jacob was trying to say that smoke guy is the 'evil' that is being contained by the island (wine bottle analogy) what kind of evil things will he do once he is free?

I also just want to throw in that Clair is my favourite and that Kate is useless at this point to me. (completely irrelevant)

Heather Li said...

Hahaha. Michelle's comments are funny.

@Mike I want to know why Claire and Sayid are psycho now too. It doesn't make sense. And the infection thing too. AND now that you mention that, what about the island's magical healing properties as well? Is everything just a GAME for the Black Smoke and Jacob??

@Michelle I watched the episode again of Sayid stabbing Locke/Smokey, and I don't know if this counts but just before Sayid stabs him, Locke does manage to say, "Hello Sayid." I was also wondering about this whole stabbing the other person deal via a pawn and wondering where the hell that special silver dagger came from.

Sawyer is still hands down my favourite. And I've always disliked Kate.